Saturday 17th June 11am – 3pm
A unique experience for all ages. Come see ‘Duchess’ in action – our fully restored, fully working Steam Engine. The event is part of our Craftsmanship Festival. Further details below.
– Why does Middleport Pottery have a Steam Engine?
– What is a Steam Engine?
– How does it work?
– Do we still have steam engines nowadays?
Our wonderful team of volunteer ‘Steam Team’ will be on hand to answer all your questions on the day.
And… TOOT THE HORN! Make yourself heard using 130-year-old technology! (suggested donation £1).
– – – – – – – – – – – – –
A showcase of the finest artists, craftsmen and craftswomen at Middleport Pottery’s Craftsmanship Festival.
A great day out for all the family – perfect for Father’s Day. £1 pp entry. Pay on the door. Free parking. Charges for activities may apply.
Demonstrations and have a go sessions* include:
– Ceramic Painting with Emma Bailey
– Ceramic Painting with Burslem Pottery
– The Blacksmith Boat
– Wood Turning with Barry Wright
– T-shirt Printing with Entrepreneurs Network (Sat Only)
– Raku with Muddy Fingers (Sun Only)
– Bottle Oven Key Rings with Libby Ward
– Soap Carving with Peter James
– Throw-a-Pot with Jon French
– Blacksmithing with Genesis Rowley
– Ceramic Hanging Planters with Alex Allday
– Throw-a-Pot with Cáit Gould (Great Pottery Throw Down)
– Creative Clay with us!
And over 30 exhibitors and stall holders will be on site throughout the weekend to talk about their work and celebrate craftsmanship!
*have a go sessions where available.